AMOB Group – Máquinas e Ferramentas SA, headquartered at Rua Padre Domingos Joaquim Pereira, 1249 4760-563 Louro, with the single registration and legal person number 503050695 is committed to protect the privacy of all users from its websites.
In order to ensure its commitment to user privacy, AMOB has adopted the best security and personal data protection practices and has updated its privacy policies in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural person with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as national legislation in force.
OTHER POINTS TO CONSIDER
1. Personal Data
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, of any nature and regardless of the type of support.
An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier (e.g. an identification number, location data, electronic identifiers, or to one or more specific elements of that natural person’s physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity).
The data subject is the natural person whose personal data are processed.
Subscribing to newsletters on the AMOB website requires you to provide your email contact.
Requests for information, suggestions or contact requests through forms on the AMOB website require you to provide your email contact and/or cell phone number.
2. Person Responsible for the Processing of Personal Data
AMOB is the entity responsible for the collection and processing of personal data under the terms and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regime.
3. Purpose of Personal Data Processing
The collection and processing of personal data by AMOB in connection with the use of the (i) newsletter subscription features on the websites is exclusively for sending, at the express request of the user, informative and marketing newsletters via email and information communications in connection with the activities developed on the websites, and (ii) requests for information, suggestions or contact requests through forms on the website are exclusively for providing the information requested, and for establishing contact according to the completion of the form corresponding to each of these purposes.
The filling out of the referred forms – newsletter subscription, request for information, suggestions or contact requests – and the provision of the requested data with the corresponding confirmation corresponds to the prior expressed consent to the treatment of the personal data transmitted.
If the user expressly consents in advance to the processing of his personal data (consent which may be withdrawn at any time – see point 5 below), AMOB undertakes to ensure the processing of personal data to the extent and for the period necessary for the pursuit of its purposes.
In light of the above, AMOB makes it clear that it does not request personal data concerning philosophical or political convictions, party or trade union membership, religious faith, private life and racial or ethnic origin, as well as the processing of data concerning health, including genetic data.
4. Conservation of Personal Data
The period of time for which personal data are stored and retained will vary in accordance with the purposes for which they were requested. Personal data collected for subscription to newsletters will be kept for the period from the time of your subscription request and until your consent is withdrawn. The user may, at any time, object to the processing of data for this purpose, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent previously given or the subsequent processing of the same data on another legal basis.
Personal data collected in the context of requests for information, suggestions or contacts will be kept for a period of one (1) year after the last contact with the holder of the personal data, without prejudice to the possibility of longer periods whenever the situation justifies it, namely to safeguard the rights, also, of AMOB.
The personal data collected will be processed internally by the respective department – marketing, commercial or human resources – and will not be transferred to third parties external to them.
When processing personal data for various purposes, with different retention periods, AMOB retains the data for the longest period.
5. The data subject’s rights, their limitations and procedure for exercising rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access: You may obtain, at any time, from AMOB, (i) confirmation of the existence of the processing, (ii) access to your data, (iii) a copy of the data being processed and (iv) a set of information related to the processing and which coincides, to a large extent, with those we provide in this Policy.
- Right of rectification: If you verify the quality of your data and verify that it is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to rectify or complete it.
- Right to erasure: If you find that personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or that there is no legal basis for the processing, without prejudice to other situations, you may request us to erase your data. The exercise of this right may be restricted in certain circumstances, such as if the processing is necessary (i) for compliance with a legal obligation to which AMOB is subject or (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: You may obtain from AMOB the restriction of processing in certain situations, such as where you dispute the accuracy of your data, for a period allowing AMOB to verify its accuracy, or where you have objected to the processing, until it is established that AMOB’s legitimate reasons override your own. Where processing is restricted, with the exception of storage, data may only be processed by AMOB with your consent or for the purposes of the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of substantial public interest.
- Right to data portability: If the processing is carried out by automated means and is based on your consent or on a contract to which you are a party, you may ask AMOB to deliver to you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that you have provided to us, as well as request that AMOB transmit them to another entity, where technically possible.
- Right to object to processing: For reasons relating to your particular situation, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data based on the legitimate interest of AMOB or when the processing has been carried out for purposes other than those for which the data was initially collected. In such cases, AMOB will stop processing your data, unless it has compelling legitimate grounds for such processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent at any time when data processing is based on consent. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out by AMOB on the basis of the consent previously given. Following the withdrawal of consent, AMOB will stop processing your data, unless there is another legal ground for such processing.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority regarding matters relating to the processing of your personal data. The competent supervisory authority in Portugal is the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados, and you may lodge your complaint through the website cnpd.pt
The exercise of the rights described in the preceding section of this Policy may be limited due to compliance with legal obligations, compliance with the duty of confidentiality, the legitimate interests of AMOB or a third party and the existence of the rights and freedoms of third parties.
6. Procedure for exercising the data subject’s rights
If you intend to exrecise the rights granted to you by applicable legislation, specially, those referred to in this Policy, as well as if you have any questions or require any further information regarding procesing of your personal data, you may contact us by writing to AMOB at its official address or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Due to the need to comply with legal requirements, user requests may not be met immediately. In any event, user will be informed of the measures taken within the legally prescribed time limits.
7. Security of Personal Data Processing
Personal data will be processed and stored electronically.
AMOB is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal data you send us via the websites and has adopted the necessary appropriate measures for this purpose.
If, for any reason, there is a breach of security that causes the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access to personal data, AMOB undertakes, in accordance with the applicable legislation, to report it to the competent authorities.
AMOB may, at any time, update this Policy, so it should be consulted regularly on its website.